Welcome to UW-Stout - we are so excited to have you as a new student!
In a time of uncertainty and anxiety, we want to let you know how proud we are of your accomplishments. Your finishing high school and getting ready for your college experience! Your next step is First-Year Registration and Orientation (FYRO).
Your Virtual FYRO Experience
Registration and orientation may look different this year, but we're excited about the dynamic online experience we have to offer you.
This year you'll have not just your single day with us, but a full week of activities available. (Silver linings, right?) Here's what you need to know:
Registration and Advising
- Your registration date is the FYRO day you signed up for. That means your orientation week will open that Monday and end on Friday.
- You will gain access to the Registration and Advising course one week prior to your scheduled date. We recommend completing this course prior to your date.
- The date you signed up for, is the first date you can register for classes.
- You will receive an e-mail from your first-year advisor a week before your orientation date with a access to your course and more info!
- Check out the Student link below to see a schedule of events and learn more about your First-Year Registration and Orientation experience.
Join us some evenings during your orientation week for live sessions with various offices, and an activity for you to get to know your peers! This will be held on a separate orientation course which you will gain access to at the completion of your Registration and Advising course.
Software Tools for Success
Consider downloading these additional apps on your phone. These tools will help you to be successful while here at Stout.
- Canvas Student: Canvas is our online classroom (similar to blackboard which you may have used in high school).
- Microsoft Teams: Teams is a microsoft tool for meetings similar to Zoom. We will be using Teams for our live sessions during orietnation. You will gain access using your Stout credentials after enrollment, prior to enrollment you can access events as a guest in Teams.
- Navigate: Navigate is your student success tool which you will use to schedule appointments with your advisor, view to-do items and more! You will gain access using your Stout credentials after enrollment.
More Information Coming Later This Summer
We know that you have questions and we will do our best to relay information to you and your families as it becomes available. Here is what we know right now:
UW-Stout Laptops: You will still receive a laptop! Laptops will be dispersed later this summer, prior to the fall term. Information about laptop rollout will be sent in early August.
Stout BlueCard: You will receive a Stout BlueCard, with more information coming in early August.
Housing: You will receive an email in mid-June with instructions for the room selection process, which will take place in late July.
Staying in Touch
As information becomes available, we will keep our website up-to-date. Email is the best way we have to reach you, so please continue to check your UW-Stout email account. Thanks so much for your patience and understanding as we navigate this time together.
Not yet signed up for First-Year Registration and Orientation?
Check your UW-Stout email for an invitation to join us this summer. Still have questions? Contact us at email@example.com.