Spring 2020 Regional Placement Testing
All new students attending UW-Stout are required to take the UW-System Placement Tests. You do not need to take the placement tests at the UW school you are attending. You may take the tests at any UW-System Placement Testing site in Wisconsin, Minnesota, or Illinois that are listed on the Wisconsin Regional Testing website: https://exams.wisc.edu/placement/regionaltesting/information.php
How to Register for Regional Placement Testing
Regional Placement Testing Registration begins on February 1, 2020. You will need to register on the Wisconsin Regional Placement Testing website. It is advised that students register as soon as possible especially if you are looking to take the Regional Placement Test on a specific date or at a specific testing site.
- All results are automatically sent to UW-Stout if UW-Stout is selected on your test answer sheet.
- A non-refundable $30.00 placement testing fee will be charged to all new students' first tuition bill at the UW-System school they will be attending in the fall.
- UW-Stout will host Regional Placement Testing on the following Saturdays: March 28, April 4, April 18, April 25, and May 2. You must still register for the placement testing at the link above.
Preparing for UW-System Placement Tests
What to bring
- A couple number 2 pencils (no mechanical pencils)
- A non-graphing calculator
- An acceptable form of ID (driver's license, UW-Stout ID, passport)
- The payment confirmation you printed off when you registered for the test
What you need to know
- Arrive at the test site at least 10 minutes before your scheduled test time. Testing will start promptly at 8 AM (or at your scheduled test time). There will be no late admittance to the test.
- Each test takes an hour and a half. If you choose to take both the Math and English test plan on the testing take 3 hours with a break between the tests.
- The World Languages placement test, if applicable, will an additional one hour.
Directions to campus
- UW-Stout campus maps and building addresses can be found here.
- If you are still unsure where to go for your testing please contact the Advisement Center at 715-232-1465.
- Additional questions regarding placement testing can be directed to email@example.com