Project-based learning (PBL) in the flipped classroom supports any topic and meets the needs of diverse learners, including differences based on race, age, gender, socioeconomic status, ability, disability, and learning styles.
Our Project Based Learning online course will teach you instructional design and strategies for implementing the PBL approach.
Our PBL course includes how to:
- Integrate multimedia and online resources to enhance learning and support collaboration.
- Design effective classroom management to increase learner motivation and engagement.
- Create performance-based assessments for project-based learning.
- Support project-based learning through cooperative learning and peer tutoring activities.
These aspects will help you build instructional design strategies. You will be able to manage and assess standards-focused, PBL in your flipped classroom.
Online Course 2 graduate credits
Instructor: Maggie Rouman
Not offered Summer 2020.
We invite you to enroll in our PBL course to meet your professional development goals if you need a license renewal, graduate credits, or just a refresher course.
If you need a copy of the syllabus for your employer to approve enrollment in the class, email: Online Professional Development or call 715-642-0209.
Our Project Based Learning online course allows you to complete your weekly assignments as they best fit your schedule. All discussion postings and projects are submitted online.
Basic technology skills helpful in the completion of this course is an understanding of how to search online for instructional videos or other media and how to create and upload a video file.
Our students include:
- K-12 teachers (blended classrooms and virtual schools)
- Technical and community college instructors (adjunct and full-time)
- College and university professors (adjunct and full-time)
- Clinical healthcare educators involved in patient education, healthcare education, continuing education or in-service education, community health education, or academic healthcare education
- Trainers in corporations, professional associations, nonprofit organizations, government, and military
- Curriculum consultants, professional development coordinators, and distance education and continuing education leaders
This course is an approved elective in the Master of Science in Education online degree program.